Saturday, November 29, 2008

From bad to worse

Here's Waldo now (I'm not putting the picture here, just a link. Because the picture is kind of disturbing, and not everyone likes looking at illness unless they have to.) This was taken last night after a soap and water bath. The pus had built up so much on his back that we washed it off. But then he was bleeding afterwards for about 45 minutes or so, because his skin is so thin.

I'm starting Waldo on a fish oil supplement, and possibly Vitamin C, as well. He's also on Ivomex and an antibiotic. The skin is so raw because he kept licking and biting, which is why I'm pretty sure it spread so quickly. The secondary infection is pretty nasty.

Thankfully Gus seems to be okay still. Of course we're hyper-sensitive to any biting or scratching he is doing, so we'll probably give him a medicated bath tonight, just in case.

Sadly, we're missing the Santa photo shoot tonight. I don't think I can take Waldo out. People might think I'm abusive and set the Humane society on me. :(

4 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

My mom and I feel so badly for all of woo -

BUT we know woo love your khanines a lot to take such good khare of him!

Woo might want to write Meeshka's Human Woman or Indy's mom - they are both really really good when it khomes to helping with things like this -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Maggie and Mitch said...

We hurt for you, Waldo! We hope the fish oil and the Vitamin C helps out! We want you better!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Ashley said...

Poor baby! Give Waldo lots of love and kisses from his Aunt Ashley and Uncle Brandon!

Saint Lover said...

Poor baby!!!!! big "gentle" hugs to Waldo!