Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weekend With the Kiddies

It's been a busy weekend in our house with 3 doggies running around. Here are a couple of highlights:

There aren't too many evidences that Gunner is a dog, but when it comes to cooking chicken, she certainly is. All 3 of the dogs were very interested in my chicken salad that I was making (and to answer your question, yes, mommee did spare them a piece). At one point, I looked down and here's the sight I saw:

Daddee was having a bit of fun with Gus. He's so patient with us and our sillee human ideas.

With all of the snow and ice that we've been having, our back steps are hard to maneuver. We've cleaned them off the best we can, but the dripping icicles keep the ice a-comin'. We think Waldo slipped off the edge of a step or something, because one of his nails is mostly gone (for reference, this toenail is usually all black):
Any ideas on how to keep this from getting infected? If we try to put tape around it, I think Waldo will just pull it off, or it will stick to the quick. But goodness knows we don't need any more issues with him!!

12 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

My mom will be khooking chikhken later today fur her soup!

I'll do my best to khute out some from her!

Sorry - we don't know any suggestions but I'm sure some of your readers will!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Groomer Angie said...

Feather did that once, I cleaned it with warm water every time she came in, then kept it coated with Rescue Remedy cream. It didn't take long to heal, as long as you keep it cleaned real well, he should be ok. Bless his little heart, give him kisses from us.

Noah the Airedale said...

Heck poor Waldo. He might need antibiotics to stop infection. Pinky thinks you should take him to the vet and get their advice.
Hope he's ok.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Abby said...

Hi, You Guys...

Chicken is the best...We watch Mom when she cooks it, too...

Ummm...About Waldo's Toe - That kind of happened to me, too...I kind of slipped on my groomer's table at the Spa...

The groomer gave us some powder stuff to put on it & said to keep it clean...

It was pretty sore, but it healed up pretty quick...

I don't know if that's the right way to handle it, but it did heal up...

Abby xxxooo

Joey said...

Mmmm...I'll be glad to help you cook chicken from here! I can't think of anything to keep the toenail from getting infected - I hope it gets better soon. Poor Waldo.

See ya!
Joey

Simona,Paco e Milo said...

HI guys!!!
Chicken is the best...We watch Mom when she cooks it, too...and hope that something drop and we can eat chiken!!!!!!!!
you're sooooooooooooooo funny!!!!!!
poor Waldo!!!
mum think that you must carry him to vet so he can give you the best medicine to feel him better!!!
give us news asap......and give lots of kisses and licks to Waldo!!!
we love you!!!!!

River said...

When we have wounds, even really bad ones, the vet has my mom keep it clean with soap and water. That's all. No hydrogen pyroxide because it will kill new tissue growing. There are collars more comfortable than a big cone that will keep Waldo from chewing on things. Sorry don't know the name of them--looks like a soft fabric tire around the neck.

Wishing him the best!

love & wags,
Waldo

Thor said...

Hi buddies!
I love chicken too!
Sorry, but I don´t know what to do to keep the toenail from getting infected. I hope Waldo gets better soon!

Love,
Thor

Mason Dixie said...

Hey there. here is a site that may help you with Waldo's toenail.
http://www.pet-supplies-review.com/dog-broken-nail.html

hope it helps. =)

The OP Pack said...

Yummy chicken - hope woo really did get a taste.

Clean is good for that nail, but not sure what else to suggest. Maybe Gus should wear some booties.

Woos, the OP Pack

Amber said...

Oh poor Waldo, that looks painful. :( I split a nail once but it wasn't that bad...I hope it gets better soon. The three kiddies begging for food was sooo cute!

Nala

Maggie and Mitch said...

OUCH! That looks painful, Waldo! We hope it heals up quickly for you!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch