Thursday, February 12, 2009

BAD DOG

So yesterday, I was busy all morning getting things ready to make cupcakes. I like to make cupcakes that have fun designs on them, and I was making them for our house church last night.



I baked the cupcakes, and had them on a cooling rack on the stove in the kitchen. While the cupcakes were cooling, I went upstairs to take a shower, and when I got out, there was a horrible burning smell--like electronics burning. I quickly went to the TV, but there was nothing there. I followed the smell to the kitchen, where I found this:


Waldo had taken it upon himself to get on the counter and help himself to the cupcakes--but he turned the burner on high in the process! When I got down there, the plastic foot was molded to the burner. THANK doG that nothing more serious happened. Our stove tends to be a place where things collect, and much more flammable objects tend to find there way onto it.

He ate 19 cupcakes in all. BAD DOG, WALDO.

edited to add: Gus was a good dog, laying right outside my bathroom door the whole time. Poor guy didn't get a bite.

23 comments:

Kris10 said...

Oh Waldo. So glad you were not hurt. Do ya got a belly ache?

Abbey & Bosley

Nibbles Treats said...

Wow! Quite impressive Waldo. Cupcakes rule!
Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Hey, at least they weren't chokholate!

Way to go Waldo!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Abby said...

Hi, You Guys...

OMdoG...I'm sooo glad you are all OK...

How's Waldo feeling? Did the cupcakes make him sick?

Abby xxxooo

anne said...

Well at least you hadn't put all the effort of fancy frosting and stuff into them yet ... we bet they tasted just GREAT as they were. Good thing there wasn't a fire! Fire escapes suck!

Princess Eva and Brice, the Duke of Destruction said...

Sounds like a talented pup to me! But then my momma once caught me eating out a pan that she was cooking in.

Brice

Joey said...

Oh, Waldo, no! I'm so glad you weren't hurt and that nothing worse happened. What a scare you gave your mom! (I've never gotten anything from the top of the stove, but I've gotten way too close to the oven when she opens it.) Glad you're okay.

See ya!
Joey

Samantha: said...

Oh Waldo - I totally get it - whenever I possibly can, I rip off stuff from the kitchen which can be a very cool place (or, in your case, scary hot) if the humans aren't watching carefully! I ate half a gingerbread cake once and also almost two heads of cooked broccoli cooling in a strainer in the sink - yummy! But so many cupcakes! You take the cake heehee!
Love and Licks,
Sammie

Stella said...

When a guy gets a craving for a cupcake or two or twenty, what can he do but just going ahead to eat them!

I woulda helped him if I was there! Where was Gus?

Kisses,
Stella

Simona,Paco e Milo said...

OHHHHHHHHHHH Dear Waldo!!!!
what did you do????
we're soooooooooooooooo glad yu weren't hurt and that nothing worse happened!!!!!!!!!
Take care of you dear friends and please.....don't scared your mom!!!!!
we love you sooooooooo much!!!!
kisses

The Army of Four said...

Oh, NO! Thank goodness he's OK!
You know... we're here to teach bipeds to not leave anything on the counter. Ha woooooo!
Luv,
Dave, counter-surfer extraordinaire!

The OP Pack said...

Sounds like Waldo has some Siberian in his genes - counter surfing is one of our specialties. Glad it all turned out OK.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Mason Dixie said...

Good job Waldo, I once got 3 blueberry muffins before I got busted. It was so worth it. Am I right? =)

Painter Pack said...

That's a lot of cupcakes!! Are woo sure there is no ills after such a meal? Glad woo were not hurt!

Mya Boo Boo

dewdana said...

Oh no! That is scary about the stove! I leave stuff on the stove all the time and given that moose is a counter surfer I am going to have to stop that! I never thought about that happening! Glad you are all safe.

Amber and Nala said...

Oh Waldo, you are sooo brave! I don't know if I would be brave enough to do that....the banging noises of things falling would freak me out. Hope they were tasty though. Poor Gus, but at least you were a good boy....you should get a treat for that!

Nala

dozersblog said...

Ha ha Waldo you is only a bad dawg cause you getted caught! Next time eat fast and then go sleep next to Gus. Yer Mummy will not know who wuz bad.

Yer pal Dozer

PS Dont tell Mummy I sed this.

tnbullterrors said...

Man oh Man Waldo, yer gonna get a belly ache! Are there grains in them cupcakes? We hope not, you'll get a "my-grain" headache like my DawgMom does. We hope you don't get the runnin pooples, those are not fun.
Feather, Darla, Pappy & Chico

tnbullterrors said...

We forgot to ask, are you grounded? That's no fun either
Feather, Darla, Pappy & Chico

Stanislaw said...

Oh DUDE! I would give anything to be as tall and beastly as you! My humans leave all sorts of meats and fishies on the island when they're cooking and I can barely get my schnozzle over the ledge. NOT FAIR! I just need a few more inches. Can you spare some?

Mindy Lu said...

PAW!!! Dude... that was dangerous. We stay away from anything we have to paw up to get to. Mom says she recognizes that black rack too. Good taste! Both of you! PAW! Max the dude!

Shmoo said...

Very nice work, and nearly burning down the house in the process... hmm, you need to rethink that one, remember, homes are valuable assets and where the food is.

Meeshka

Ludo van puppy said...

Ut oh Waldo!! I hope they didn't give you a poorly tum, glad no pup was hurt too! My mum woulda beed so mad if I'd stole all the cupcakes. BOL! If only i could reach the counters.
~lickies, Ludo