So yesterday, I was busy all morning getting things ready to make cupcakes. I like to make cupcakes that have fun designs on them, and I was making them for our house church last night.
I baked the cupcakes, and had them on a cooling rack on the stove in the kitchen. While the cupcakes were cooling, I went upstairs to take a shower, and when I got out, there was a horrible burning smell--like electronics burning. I quickly went to the TV, but there was nothing there. I followed the smell to the kitchen, where I found this:
Waldo had taken it upon himself to get on the counter and help himself to the cupcakes--but he turned the burner on high in the process! When I got down there, the plastic foot was molded to the burner. THANK doG that nothing more serious happened. Our stove tends to be a place where things collect, and much more flammable objects tend to find there way onto it.
He ate 19 cupcakes in all. BAD DOG, WALDO.
edited to add: Gus was a good dog, laying right outside my bathroom door the whole time. Poor guy didn't get a bite.