Sunday, March 22, 2009

Catching Up Is Hard To Do...


Hello! Dog Mom here. I'm hijacking this blog entry today to give a little update on our trip, for those of you who are interested. We actually went out west for my brother-in-law's wedding. We stayed on a ranch in Arizona, and he got married there (he's the head wrangler). We went to Vegas for a few extra days to see the sights and celebrate (as a friend cutely put it) "my first 30th birthday". Thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes! My day was filled with a tour of the Hoover Dam, some gambling, a celebrity impersonator show, and a dinner buffet. Not too bad!


When we came home, we took a 4 hour nap, as we had taken the red-eye home. Then I went to pick up the boyz. They were so excited to see me! So excited, in fact, that they were pretty wild. So, I took them to the Dog Park for a couple hours to run off some of that energy. The other owners at the dog park and I decided that Gus considers himself the greeting committee. Every dog that got out of their car Gus was ready and waiting at the gate to greet them! We also decided that Waldo thinks he is the policeman. If dogs are chasing each other, or barking at each other, he runs up to them and starts barking until they stop. I imagine he's saying things like, "Stop that running, kids, you're going to get hurt", or "Break it up, gentlemen, or you're going to jail."

The other thing we realized when we came home was that we had a lot of catching up to do!! No groceries in the house, laundry to do, emails to write, job hunting to catch up on. I went to my google reader, and *gasp!* 516 dog posts to read!!! AAK! Needless to say, I probably won't get around to commenting on all of your posts for a while. But I WILL go and read them all eventually.

If everyone wants to take a 4 day break so I won't have too many new posts to read, that would be great. :)

One quick story about the boyz:
I got a mylar balloon from one of my friends. They do NOT like it.
(sorry for the poor picture quality--can you see the boys slinking in the background?)

p.s. Da boyz heer: While wee wuz gone, dat sneeky Stella came to visit da familee and might have bumped us from "favorite granddog" posishun. Dis iz not fayr! We wuz not heer to deefend arrselvs!

13 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Welkhome bakhk!

I was official greeter when I went to the dog park too!

Ah yes, my mom is smiling about the posts...she knows how overwhelming 50+ khan feel - let alone THAT many!

As for Stella...well fellas I hate to tell woo this but

GIRLZ RULE,
BOYZ DROOL!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Ludo van puppy said...

Hello Dog Mom. I hopes you had a nice holeeday. Gus and Waldo have been very good while you were gone. It is very hard to keep up with everyone's blogs sometimes, even without going away! BOL!
I would be ascared of that balloon too.
~lickies, Ludo

HawaiianDane said...

Welcome back home! Too funny the boys are afraid of the balloon!! Silly boys!

Thor said...

Welcome back!
Glad you had a great holiday =)

xoxoxo
Thor

GoldenSamantha said...

Looks like you had fun. I'm just now catching up on commenting meself after a week out of commission. Happy Birthday and I hope you settle in after what sounds like a nice trip!
xo Sammie

Mango said...

Welcome home mom and dad! You guys sound like you went a little cracker dog when you saw them. Who wouldn't?

Slobbers,
Mango

P.S. I have until the end of the month for my tricky movie, right? It is so hard to get momma and master coordinated to make the movie.

Tweedles -- that's me... said...

Happy late birthday if I did not already tell you! So glad you had a good time. Course we missed you-like your boys did. Nice of you to take em to the park and run off a little energy! Lots kisses I bet.
Mommie said when she was yound a 100 years ago- that her family used to go to Hoover Dam- or Boulder what ever it is now. And how cool to go to Arizona to a wrangler ranch. yippy
glad your back
xoxoxo
tweedles

Mason Dixie said...

Welcome back. =)

happypitbull said...

I got my sis a mylar dragonfly balloon for her birthday once... Her cat FLIPPED OUT. Scarred for life. It is now terrified of anything hovering from the ceiling, including ceiling fans!

YD said...

Hey Dog Mom, Sam & June's mom here. Welcome and Nice trip! Isn't Hoover Dam awesome?!
My girls had the same problem with the balloon. My husband turned 40 2weeks ago and his daughter got him a balloon. June barked at it and Samantha was afraid and won't go near it.

YD

The OP Pack said...

Glad you had fun and isn't it nice to come home to happy pups? Some of the ones here don't like mylar balloons either, especially if they start moving around.

We have a hard time keeping up on blogs even when we do them everyday so we totally understand your dilemma. Just relax, enjoy your greeter and policeman, aka Gus and Waldo, and read when you can.

Mindy Lu said...

BARK- mommy says happy birthday to your mommy! We dont like those floaty things either. They dont smell and they move funny! BARK! Sasha the princess!

Amber and Nala said...

What a fun trip! We are thinking about going to Vegas in July to get married! :)