Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Doggie Bucket List

The Bucket List is a comedy-drama starting Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. The movie is about 2 terminally ill men going on a road trip with a wish list of things to do before they "kick the bucket".

Here's a list of things that Gus and Waldo have done in their lifetime, as well as what remains on their "bucket list":

GUS
Things I have done in my doggie lifetime:
  • Gone swimming in a lake
  • Rolled in rabbit poop repeatedly..and it smells SOOO good!
  • Entered (and won!) a costume contest
  • Entered (and placed!) in an online Dog Show
  • Gone swimming at the local pool
  • Kissed a girl
  • Ate mommee's leather shoes
  • Had fleas
  • Had a birthday cake
  • Chased the geese
  • Ran around the neighborhood without mommee's knowledge

WALDO
Things I have done in my doggie lifetime:
  • Chased squirrels around my backyard
  • Gone swimming at the local pool
  • Entered (and won!) a costume contest
  • Entered (and won!) an online dog show
  • Chased birds at the park
  • Gone on a long car trip to visit my Grandma Klimis
  • Lost all of my hair
  • Re-grew all of my hair
  • Dug holes in our backyard
  • Ate Thanksgiving dinner from the trashcan
  • Consumed 19 cupcakes in one sitting

Things we would like to do before we go to the Rainbow Bridge:
  • Go swimming in the ocean
  • Have a birthday party with all of our friends
  • Learn to be service doggies
  • Go hiking in the mountains
  • Waldo--go swimming in the lake
  • Have a steak and sweet potato meal

What about you? Do you have a list of things that you would like to do before you "kick the bucket"?

16 comments:

Noah the Airedale said...

Hey maties
We've been swimming in the ocean and highly recommend it. We like your bucket list.
You've done lots of things already. Good going pals.

Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Princess Eva and Brice, the Duke of Destruction said...

We'd like to try swimming in the ocean - a real one and not the MinneSNOWta ocean.

Princess Eva

Abby said...

Hi, Gus & Waldo...

I went to the Ocean once...Does that count??

The only thing I really want to do is catch a Squirrel...It's like my mission in life...

My Mom says I wouldn't like it if I caught one, cuz it would bite me...But I really, really want to...

Abby xxxooo

Life With Dogs said...

I'll second that swim in the ocean - Nigel and Sola have yet to see it. Maybe this summer!

YD said...

Hi Gus and Waldo, thanks for doing the list. We had so much fun reading it! You guys have done a lot of cool things!
We hope one day we'll get to eat 19cupcakes too!

Hugs,
Sam & June

p/s: June here, I forgot to put on my list that I ate dad's steak one time. He said it's uncooked but it tasted mighty delicious to me!

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Nice list!

Hmmmmmm....swimming somewhere sounds good...

I did get in a pond one time on my Halloween eskhape BUT Mom didn't get to see me so that doesn't khwite khount!

I would like to meet more of my blog pals in the fur!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

the 4 Bs said...

that's a great bucket list. we like your list of accomplishments and they are terrific! that makes us think about what we have done in our lives and what we still want to do. you are quite accomplished and we have no doubt that you will finish your list.

woofs.

Randi said...

Hey Gus & Waldo!

My mom & dad just watched the Bucket List the other night! THEY LOVED IT! My mom/secretary watched it 2x! I know, cuz I was upset cuz she should have been helping me blog!

My mom & dad have always had a "bucket list" but just now have a title for it...I'm working on my own bucket list too...I'll share it on my bloggy when I can get my mom to help me!

Love & Licks,
Randi

ps..on my Daddy's bucket list (Mom's too..) is become parents to a baby Mastiff! JUST LIKE STELLA!!!

Mason Dixie said...

What a great bucket list you have there. I think tomorrow I might try to fill my bucket list. =)

Maggie and Mitch said...

We wish we could eat 19 cupcakes in one sitting! Great list, guys!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Amber and Nala said...

A bucket list is a funny idea....I have lots of things that I would add to mine like getting a little sister, eating a whole block of cheese, and learning how to open doors so I can get into the treat closet! ;)

The OP Pack said...

Thunder and Phantom would like to be able to pull a sled in lots of snow. Dakota would like to feel better and always have a full dish of yummy food.

Nice bucket lists woo two have.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Tweedles -- that's me... said...

Hi friends , what a neat bucket list! So cool. And I hope all your wishes come true.
I think i would like a steak bone and eat it in private and a whole bowl of popcorn to eat in private too! no rules!
love
tweedles

Mango said...

What's the ocean?

That steak and sweet potato should be manageable.

Slobbers,
Mango

Raising Addie said...

Great lists!!!

We particularly enjoyed the Thanksgiving meal from the trash can and all those cupcakes!!!

Lots of Luv & Kisses
Addie and Lucie

Tucker said...

do you have kitties? I'd really like to be able to eat all the kitty food and not get in trouble.