Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Strange Searching

I love Google Analytics.  If you're not sure what it is, you should check out this post, where I detail what you can do with it.

Anyway, I was checking in with my report about this site.  I love seeing how many people are coming to see the adventures of Gus and Waldo.  I know it hasn't been as many lately because I've been too busy to go and see others.  To receive you must give, you know.  But one of my favorite parts of the report is where you can see what people are typing into Google when they find your site.  There are many funny (and disturbing?) things that people are searching for.  Here are my favorites:

1. "blogspot dog mom gus waldo"  -- This shows me that people know about the site, they just can't remember my long blog handle.

2. "a dog that looks like dug"  -- That's probably from this post

3. "contest for dogs tricks"  -- Ooh, what a fun contest we hosted!  We're planning something for Gus and Waldo's next birthdays, so stay tuned!

4. "dog end moms"  -- Umm....this is mildly disturbing.  This isn't Michael Vick's blog, people!

5. "dogs run free rainbow bridge".  -- *sniff* Chloe Amelia.

6. "good dogmom" -- aaw, thanks.

7. "son slobbers kissing mom videos"  -- Umm...this is highly disturbing.  *shudder*

8. "swirly fur on dog tail"  -- I love my swirly butt boy.

9. "the infurminator"  -- Is Ah-nuld visiting?

10.  игра тайкн три  --  Any ideas what that means??

7 comments:

The OP Pack said...

"son slobbers kissing mom videos" - very interesting search:) We love seeing these stats although we don't have one of those meters on our blog. We love coming to see the adventures of Gus and Waldo.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Mango said...

Hey! I think I setup the google analytics right, but not sure. They gave me an HTML and I put it in as a gadget after the header and before the posting of my blogger. Since I don't use HTML directly, I just kind of guessed. I visited my site once and didn't see traffic. Maybe it takes a while?

Mango Momma

caboval said...

Yes I tried to load that onto my blog too but it didnt seem to work. It sure is interesting though!!! Hugs, Valerie Joey and Kealani

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

We chukhkle as well when we see others share their findings!

We don't have one in place -

I'm not sure we want to know!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

Two Country Poodles said...

OH my...We have not heard of this cool tracking thing. We have to do this...thanks for telling us! Well we are off to add a tracker.


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo & Bonnie the foster sibling

Tobi said...

That's very cool - I'm going to have to set this up too.

除夕 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.